Saturday, January 7, 2012

Old Rock Day

Today is a new day and that day is Old Rock Day

No I’m not talking about your old folks or grandparents; I mean fossils and rocks that have been around for centuries.

Fossils are the evidence of the life that roamed the Earth billions of years ago and show us how far we as a race as well as the whole Earth itself has changed, grown, and developed over time.

If you have some free time today, try and see if you can go to your local museum and check out the fossils of all the huge dinos from way back when as well as jewels which are old rocks too, or you can dig up your backyard to see if you might have some cool fossils or rocks (with your parents’ permission of course.)

I’m going to take this day and view some movies that have to do with old rocks like Night at the Museum and Jurassic Park. I know that’s kind of focusing on dinosaurs but that’s what comes to my mind when I think fossils…and my dad but he’s not THAT old.

Anyways, have a great day and have fun with it.


p.s.Sorry but no picture today. busy yesterday with the dorayaki and family outting

No comments:

Post a Comment