Monday, January 23, 2012

National Pie Day, National Handwriting Day, and Measure Your Feet Day


Let’s continue the sweets trend with National Pie Day. Another great chance to bake, buy or just plain enjoy something sweet. Pies are one of the best simple desserts to make. I used to not care for pie as a kid, but that’s because when I thought of pie I thought of pecan pies (not my favorite.) I’m gonna take this day a see if I can get the chance to try some banana cream pie. I would make some but I’m still baked out from yesterday. Hopefully, you folks can fully enjoy this day.

Secondly, we have National Handwriting Day, something that we might not think about much in this typing age. Since computers and texting came into the world, our handwriting has probably gone quite a lot (I know mine has.) Our handwriting however can be a good indicator of who we are as a person. If you want to do a quick, 90% true handwriting test, go here -> http://handwriting.feedbucket.com/ if you have a little free time. Use this day to practice your handwriting by writing a letter to someone; NOT TEXTING or EMAILING or TWEETING!!! Letters are not out of style, they make things seem personal because you took the time to make it for someone.

And finally we have Measure Your Feet Day…Yes I know it sounds weird but there’s no real reason NOT to do it, right? Right. This is one of those silly holidays no one real understands why it even exists but you should try it anyway. My shoe size is 9 ½ to 10 depending on the shoe. What about you?

So just have fun today and enjoy yourself. Start the week out on the right foot. (Hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment