Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day


Man the weather sure has been crazy lately; sunny one day, raining cats and dogs the next. I can’t wait for spring.

Thank goodness today is Groundhog Day. On this day, Phil the groundhog is supposed to come out of his hole and if he sees his shadow, more winter. But if he doesn’t see his shadow, sooner spring. This is not originally an American tradition but it is originally German. When German folk came to America, they brought over this tradition (as well as hamburgers and kindergarten.) I do hope Phil doesn’t see his shadow, I really want to go swimming again, along with seeing the flowers and crops grow.

One more thing, I decided to let the weather make a decision for me along with Phil. If it rains today, I will make cold, classic banana pudding like my boyfriend wants. If it’s sunny today, I will make warm, baked banana pudding like my cousin suggested. Since I can’t choose, the weather will be my guide.

So let’s cross our fingers and hope for spring and remember, have a nice day whether rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment